Sunday, 2 July 2017

Lipstick

Sunday 2nd July 2017


Okay, so it's been about 5 months since my last blog post. It's been a really busy year for me, 2017 has thrown so many challenges my way and I've charged back at them with courage and confidence. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

I've been wondering what to do for a blog post and as I sat in bed reading (CR: Cogheart by Peter Dunzil), I realised I could do a post on all the new lipstick I own. I've always loved lipstick but I've never found a brand I really like wearing, or one that's worth wearing. Following advice from one of my friends I took to MAC to see if they're really as good as everyone says they are. Let me tell you; yes they are. At £16.50 per lipstick, you can't go wrong; over the last 3 months I've gone from having none to 8, and I've still got over 60 shades in my favourites on my MAC account. 

Okay, so here they are:





Créme In Your CoffeeCreamy mid-tone pink brown (Cremesheen).






I wore this last night and it's darker than the one I usually wear (Velvet Teddy) but I still think it could be appropriate and professional enough to wear for work. I don't usually like shiny lipstick, but I couldn't resist this colour!




DivaIntense reddish-burgundy (Matte).




This is really similar to Studded Kiss and quite a bold colour. I think it's perfect for autumn and winter, but maybe it's too dark for a summer's eve.




FauxMuted mauve-pink (Satin). 




I bought this because I didn't own a pink lipstick. Before I bought this I used to wear browns and nudes, but change isn't always a bad thing and I really like how this colour looks. I sometimes wear this to work and it gives me a bit of glamour!




Ruby Woo, Very matte vivid blue-red (Matte).




A girl can never go wrong with a red lipstick. I absolutely adore this colour, and if I could I would wear it every day. It goes with every outfit I own and I feel bold and fierce whenever I wear it!




Studded Kiss, Dark oxblood red (Matte).




I got this one before I bought Diva and I like the similarity between the two. This one is more red whereas Diva is more burgundy. Still, it's definitely an autumn/winter colour and I've got some brilliant outfits ready for September 1st to rock with this shade!




Velvet Teddy, Deep-tone beige (Matte).




The perfect every day shade. You cannot go wrong this this colour as it is so natural and goes with everything. Sometimes I can't even tell I'm wearing it, but it just gives my lips that little bit of colour.




Verve, Muted brownish-plum (Satin).





I wasn't too sure about this colour at first. I really like plum colour lipstick but I wasn't sure how well it would go with brown, however I really like it and I like the satin look.




Whirl, Dirty Rose (Matte).




Really similar to Verve but perfect for those who prefer matte finishes. It's also similar to Crème in Your Coffee as it's bold enough for a night out but you could also wear it for work if you fancy something a little bit different. 



I can't wait to keep adding to my MAC collection. I've tried lots of brands of lipstick and I've never found anything that compares to MAC. They last for hours, and the range of colours is fantastic. I'll always recommend MAC lipstick, and also remember it's always worth going to any MAC counter and talking to one of their experts - I've never had a bad experience at a MAC counter!


Do you have a favourite colour? Let me know!


Zj x

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour of Studded Kiss, and also Diva - I've heard amazing things about it, but I find lipsticks this dark a pain to apply in this format, but the colour of Créme In Your Coffee is absolutely stunning! I don't buy from MAC anymore (although I rarely did anyway) as I'm trying to transition to being cruelty-free but your collection is gorgeous! Welcome back to blogging! xx

    Amanda Jayne

    ReplyDelete