Chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies (Gluten free and vegan alternatives included!)

17th August 2016

Today I fancied a bit of baking as my sister was visiting and baking is something we always do together. With Pocahontas on the TV, we set our minds to baking! 

This is a recipe I've developed through various others I own. The main recipe came from this one: BBC Vintage Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've included the gluten free and vegan options in bold brackets next to the ingredients.

So to begin: 
150g butter (sunflower spread and/or baking fat is a good alternative)
80g light brown sugar
80g granulated sugar
1 egg (egg replacement option such as banana or another tablespoon of peanut butter)
1 tbsp peanut butter (I went for crunchy but it's personal preference)
225g plain flour (gluten free plain flour)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
200g chocolate chips (vegan/dairy free chocolate)
(1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum) 

Alternatively, you can mess around with different ingredients. When I've made this before, I've used 100g chocolate chips & 100g butterscotch pieces, or 100g chocolate chips, 50g butterscotch pieces & 50g honeycomb, and sometimes 150g chocolate chip cookies & 50g marshmallow.



  • Preheat oven to 180°C
  • Cream butter & sugar
  • Add egg, peanut butter, and then dry ingredients.
  • Mix with a wooden spoon/spatula until it forms a cookie dough.
  • Place a walnut sized spoonful on a lined baking tray
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes 
  • Leave to cool for 10 minutes once baked. 







Comments

Popular Posts